Father’s Day is just around the corner and its time to decide on gifts. But what to get him? Why not choose a green gift?! Whether your Dad is a seasoned Green enthusiast or if you are trying to introduce him to the eco-friendly world, a green gift is the way to go. There are hundreds of great eco-friendly gifts that are perfect for Dad, check out World of Good or Inhabitat’s Father’s Day Guide for some ideas. We have also put together a short list of our favorite Father’s Day gifts below. So celebrate the Father in your life with some Green gifts! Happy Father’s Day!
1) Solar Powered Charger: From laptops to cellphones to ipods, most Dad’s have several gadgets to tote around. And when he is on the go, he is going to need to stop and recharge. What better way then to use a solar powered one, heck, even the President uses one. Solio, makes a range of solar chargers that provide power anywhere! This is a perfect gift for a Dad who travels or who is constantly in need of his electronics.
2) Recycled Wallet: A simple and cheap gift is this great recycled tire Fair Trade wallet. The recycled rubber comes from discarded car and truck tires. Every man needs to replace his wallet once in a while and this recycled tire option will last a while. Every wallet has its own shape and markings, so every one is one of a kind!
3) Organic Beer Kit: Almost every Dad enjoys a cold one after a long day. But what they might enjoy even more is brewing their own. Seven Bridges Cooperative provides an easy and beginners organic beer brewing kit. Not only is this kit organic, but home brewing cuts down on shipping emissions that purchasing beer causes. Also, your Dad can take pride in his own brew.
4) Eco Grill: If you have a little extra cash around we suggest you get your dad a Hybrid Grill. These are the most environmentally friendly grills around. You can cook with a combination of wood, charcoal, and gas. This will still provide your food with a smoky flavor but can switch over to natural gas!. But these grills are really pricey so if you want to go for something a little more wallet friendly, you can purchase your Pops a bag of organic charcoal and BBQ him a delicious vegan meal!
5) Spend A Day Together: And possibly the best Father’s Day gift you can get your Dad is to spend time with him! We suggest a local outdoor activity such as a bike ride, canoeing, or a hike. You can enjoy the great outdoors while spending time with your old man. And if you travel close or by bicycle, you can cut down the impact on the environment. And remember, be sure to leave nothing behind!