Get your grills fired up because this weekend is the start of cookout season! Memorial Day often marks the start of backyard BBQs and with the first official one coming up, it’s time to bust out the BBQ recipes. We have a ton of favorite BBQ recipes ranging from tofu shish kabobs to veggie burgers and our personal favorite: sides! We seriously love us some potato salad, spinach dip, fruit salad and our personal favorite pasta salad! It is a simple and delicious side dish for any BBQ and can be made a number of ways. For this recipe we are making a Lemony-Dill Pasta Salad. Happy Memorial Day!
Organic Vegan Lemony-Dill Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 25 Minutes Serves: 6
- 1 lb Organic Corkscrew Pasta
- 1 Pint Organic Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Can Organic Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Can Organic Kidney Beans
- 1 Cup Organic Black Olives
- 1/2 Cups Organic Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Organic Clove of Garlic
- 1 Organic Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Organic Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Organic Chopped Dill
- 2 Tbsp Organic Dijon Mustard
- Black Pepper and Salt to Taste
In a large pot, boil water. Once boiling add in the pasta. Cook until soft or about 15 minutes. While the pasta is cooking mince the garlic, chop the bell pepper, and wash the tomatoes, garbanzo, and kidney beans. In a mixing bowl squeeze the juice from the lemon and whisk it with the olive oil, mustard, garlic, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Once the pasta is down boiling, strain and run cold water over it. Let the pasta cool for about 10 minutes. Add the pasta, bell pepper, olives, garbanzos, tomatoes, and kidney beans to the sauce mixture and toss with salad tongs until everything is coated in the mixture. Cool in the fridge and serve.